Tuesday 13 September 2022

Is The Country Really A Microcosm Of The CPC?

That's it in a nutshell. The party has unified and is now wagering all its marbles on a giant leap into the politically unknown. In short, is Canada becoming more and more right wing -- is it less than or a plurality, or far more unlikely a majority of so-called silent Canadians?

You all know the old chestnut about silence implying consent. Poilièvre is clearly working with that. For my part, I've got huge doubts about the validity or political soundness of such a strategy. In fact, I think PP and Byrne are more than likely out to lunch on this one.

But hey, Pierre is the duly elected leader so it's his call and his game. Like I said, I've got mucho doubts.

So he can play it any damned way he sees fit. But PP already knows that if he and Byrne are ultimately proven wrong, then it's definitely bye bye on becoming PM after the next election.

I don't see things their way but who the hell cares what I think, especially in the CPC. Maybe the party is absolutely on target, or utterly deluded, but at least one of those two conclusions is dead on.

So, stay tuned. It's bound to, at minimum, keep you glued to your seat. And then nirvana or hades awaits. Take your pick.




No comments:

Post a Comment