Saturday 30 November 2019

JWR: What's Really Up?

Colour me confused, or even unsophisticated. I was thrilled when JWR won her seat as an independent. She is now dedicated to serve the best interests of her riding's constituents.

But where I get lost in the weeds is her decision as regards the Green Party leadership -- May practically offered it to her and yet she's not interested. I would have thought that if anyone could propel the Greens forward in a highly substantive way, it was JWR.

So, in her heart, it's fair to surmise that she's still a Liberal. One can only assume that the Liberal leadership is still on her radar. JWR must be much smarter than yours truly if she still clearly sees a path to party leadership. I hope that's right -- cause she would make a great party leader and likely prime minister.

But the LPC is a party that while in government has made what should have been government-ending mistakes -- but voters thought otherwise. And as a democrat, that's fine.

It's clear that this country, one way or another, needs JWR in office. I hope to see that day come, sooner rather than later. But where I worry is when I try to interpret her present political strategy. It would be a crying shame if her efforts produced nothing at all in the way of a leadership win.

Hopefully, JWR knows something I don't. Cause right now, I can't see the path to ultimate victory for this country. JWR is the ideal person to correct the grievous judgement errors made by the present incumbent in the prime ministerial chair.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment