Sunday 4 July 2021

Unmasked Narcissists: The Gift That Will Keep On Giving.

Do I think that we will ultimately see the end of COVID-19? Nope, I don't. My standard boring joke goes like this: call me in five or ten years and we'll still have COVID! Precisely, in my book. You see, if this virus originated in nature and was genetically modified in a lab -- which I've argued from the beginning of this epidemic, then expect both more variants and unexpected virology outcomes. 

I've speculated without a shred of proof that the virus was genetically modified from hundreds to thousands of times with the ultimate aim being clear: to use as an eventual first-strike weapon in the effort to conquer disputed territory. 

Given all of that and that I'm not full of shit, the narcissistic mask-less will continue to spread various variants across the globe and with that continue a seemingly endless spiking cycle. With that in mind, even after the all-clear is given, I plan to remain cautious: if my argument is correct then that inevitably means we will see variants in the future whose main characteristics are that they are deadly first and transmissible second. In other words, they will be the opposite of most if not all variants already known, which are generally highly transmissible but with relatively low death rates.

That brings me to the narcissists who are neither vaccinated nor masked. They couldn't care less if they get infected or whether they transmit a variant to others. They also don't care if they pass it on and the person ultimately dies. So with those mental midgets in the mix that can only mean an inevitable future cycle of spikes and remissions and then spikes again.

And the other thing is whether we can actually reach herd immunity, given the virology of the virus and its variants. My contention is that even if a theoretical level of 70% is reached, in a given country, that we still won't. So, people who are counting on that are living in a world with a false sense of security. Even the United States hasn't gotten anywhere near there...

In short, remain vigilant. Use masks, continue to respect social distancing and avoid crowds. There are no guarantees in life but there are benedictions and being careful remains one of them. Stay alive, not only for yourself but also for those around you who love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment