Sunday 5 February 2023

Government: It's ALL on Pierre.

There are days when I'm glad I'm not a politician, much less a party leader and today is one of them. 

The good side is public service and making a substantial contribution while in office that actually makes a difference for Canadians.

But then there's the bad side: separation from family, high divorce rate and the obligation to be almost perfect politically. No thanks. But I digress.

But getting back to Pierre: if we win big, it'll be primarily due to Pierre; if we lose big, it will also primarily be because of Pierre; same thing if we come in with only a minority; above all else, Pierre has to break the Scheer and O'Toole curse, both of whom who took winning campaigns and turned them into losing ones.

So, the pressure on Pierre must be tremendous not to put a bad foot forward in the next election. Glad I'm not that guy.

Pierre, from as far as I can tell is steadily growing in the job. Right now, he's already a better leader than when he first won the job. He's on message and it's disciplined. Plus it doesn't hurt to have a Prime Minister who has already worn out his welcome with much of the voting public. Sort of like most Yanks who are already sick of both Biden and Trump. 

So, I'll be keenly watching and hoping I don't see a major mistake. He knows what he has to do to win the country and so far, so good.

Steady as she goes seems to be a likely winning mantra. Canadians are looking for a change: they have their reasons and right now, Pierre and our team are the only viable alternative. 

It's holding so far. So, how can I be anything other than optimistic for the future. Big ideas usually lead to big political change. I'm counting on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment