Friday 24 September 2021

What's Going On With CIMS?

What in the name of heaven is going on with CIMS? The Toronto Star has reported that the OLO has made sure that the party database is no longer available to MPs and candidates in the last election. I say again, what's all that about?

It's no secret that some have already called on Erin O'Toole to resign, or face a leadership review. Normally, any leader who lost an election is subject to a review of his or her leadership at the next party convention -- so later rather than sooner, that will happen.

Frankly, I'm surprised that caucus hasn't chimed in yet but I imagine that'll happen sometime next week. A caucus meeting should be a two-way street with the leader getting important feedback from MPs, while they get to know the leader's intentions.

I think I'm on safe ground in saying that Erin will put the country and party ahead of all other considerations. Let O'Toole reach his own decision about the future and then respect it either way.

That's my message for caucus, whatever it's worth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment