Saturday 17 December 2022

Pierre Poilièvre: I Just Don't KNOW!

My God, I've just got to write this out, you know, as a form of political and psychological therapy: I mean, Pierre's leadership is like exploring the dwarf planet Pluto. I've got no strong conclusions, convictions, or even keen insights about where this leadership will go and worse than that, I have no reference points in my mind and frankly, it's driving me fucking bananas!

I've never, ever, seen this before with any politician: in other cases, I started out either liking, loving or hating them, mostly from the get-go and my political feelings and instincts took it from there. Most of the time, luckily, I was on target but sometimes I completely blew it: think of the POS known as Trump. 

But back to Pierre: got absolutely no firm idea where this is really going. It's like it's up to the fates rather than us mere mortals -- I don't sense a train chugging along either to victory or defeat -- it's like I'm in a void, some kind of a black, empty space where I simply can't get my political bearings. Like I said, in 61 years, it's never, ever, happened before and it positively blows my mind. 

So, I've just got to continue writing it out as it flows. One senses that both God and humans have already had enough of Trudeau at the helm but is that, in and of itself enough to lead to regime change in Ottawa?

Damned if I know. Not at all. In short, don't count on me next time for precise analysis, inductive reasoning, insightful break throughs or anything else because for the first time in my life, I just don't know. Talk about an ego crusher and riddle that deflates previous political pride at mostly getting it right. 

So there you have it for whatever it's worth; if it's worth anything at all. And it didn't involve my psychiatrist which is great because he's already overworked within the system.

No comments:

Post a Comment