Saturday 13 April 2024

Trump Hush Money Trial Starts Monday.

As a person who absolutely loathes Trump and always has, I can't believe this trial is going ahead. Seriously, would any other American be placed on trial for allegedly disguising hush money payments to Stormy Daniels as legal bills coming from his then-attorney Michael Cohen?

IMHO, this is more political theatre than anything else. I wonder if any of Bragg's arguments will win the day or be dispositive. Yes, this looks like pretzeled legal reasoning and will only help Trump.

This case stinks and looks relatively weak, to use a common Trumpism. I don't expect even a Manhattan jury to find Trump guilty on any counts. I'll even go further, I expect to see a fallback plan, you know, where a sleeper is placed on the jury to ensure at worst that the jury deadlocks.

So...don't expect any miracles at this trial. All it will likely do is raise Trump's popularity numbers...

God help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment